The Reader Service is divided into three sections as follows:
The Lending Section contain all books for lending,
The Reference Section houses Permanent Reference Materials and Schedule Reference Materials (for overnight use), and
The Periodical Section consists of Scholarly Journals, Magazines, Newspapers and Gazettes
- During Session Time and Long Vacation, the library will be open from 8.15 am to 4.15 pm on Week days.
- The Library will be closed on public holidays
- Those who are registered at the Swami Vipulananda Institute of Aesthetic Studies, Eastern University, Sri Lanka as Undergraduate students, those who are appointed as Academic Staff (Permanent and Temporary), Administrative Staff (Permanent and Temporary) and Non Academic Staff (Permanent) are eligible for enjoying the library membership.
- Eligible users are required to register themselves at the library of Swami Vipulananda Institute of Aesthetic Studies. Membership registration Forms could be obtained from the client service section / Counter. Applicants are required to submit the copies of appointment letter (if employed) or students’ identity card/registration book (if students) along with dully filled membership application forms.
- Each student member upon registration will receive two loan tickets for borrowing books from lending and schedule reference. Every year a student member will get additional one lending tickets until fourth year. Hence, at the end of the fourth and fifth year, a student member can borrow four lending books and one schedule reference book.
- A permanent academic staff member and an administrative staff member could borrow maximum of eight books, a temporary academic staff member could borrow maximum of five books and non-academic staff could borrow only one book. A borrower is not allowed to exceed this number for any reason or under any circumstances.
All registered members are allowed to borrow library materials according to their eligibility except certain categories (e.g. Permanent Reference Materials, Encyclopedias, Dictionaries, Atlases, Students’ Project Reports, Research Thesis, Periodical materials, etc.,). Loan eligibility and borrowing period differ according to the borrower types.
Returns of issued books
Students can keep the borrowed books with them for
- One week for LENDING materials
- Overnight or Weekend (if taken on Fridays) for SCHEDULE REFERENCE materials
Academic and Administrative staff can keep the borrowed books with them for
- One month for LENDING materials
- Overnight or Weekend for SCHEDULE REFERENCE materials
Borrowed Materials should be returned to the library counter on the due date. The schedule book should be returned on the next working day (falling after the borrowed date) before 9.00 am.
Failing to return the issued books on the due date/time, a fine will be imposed.